CCPA / CPRA for US and EU businesses
Deep dive on CCPA's impact on European Businesses: A webinar for German and European businesses.
Dec 3, 2020, 3:00 PM - 4:30 PM
Register at LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/events/6736670872020537344/
Register at Xing: https://www.xing.com/events/ccpa-cpra-eu-businesses-3195739
Join directly: https://www.gotomeet.me/SpiritLegal/ccpa-cpra-for-us-and-eu-businesses
- Is my business affected by CCPA and why?
- I am already GDPR compliant. Am I on the safe side?
- What is personal information under CCPA?
- What does "sale" mean?
- How do I implement the "do not sell my personal information" requirements?
- What have we learned from the enforcement that started?
- What does the passage of CPRA mean for privacy enforcement and for compliance? What are the new things added?
- Comprehensive and precise privacy notices for website, apps and offline
- How to deal with Cookies, Adtech & web analytics
- What to start with re: CPRA
- Enforcement & Fines
About the Speaker: Odia Kagan and Peter Hense
About Odia Kagan, CDPO, CIPP-E, CIPP-US, CIPM, FIP
Odia Kagan is a Partner and Chair of GDPR Compliance & International Privacy Practice Group at Fox Rothschild LLP, a US national law firm. Odia has advised more than 90 companies of varying industries and sizes on compliance with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and uses insights and lessons learned from this to assist clients on their path to compliance with the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA). With an emphasis on a pragmatic, risk based approach, Odia provides clients with practical advice on how to design and implement their products and services, consummate their M&A transactions and engage third-party vendors in the United States and abroad in compliance with applicable data protection laws.
Odia has earned law degrees in three countries – Israel, the United Kingdom and the United States – and is certified as a Fellow of Information Privacy (FIP) by the International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP), a designation that signifies comprehensive knowledge of privacy and data protection laws. She has also been certified by IAPP as a Certified Information Privacy Manager (CIPM) and a Certified Information Privacy Professional in the laws of the United States – private sector (CIPP/US), the laws of the European Union (CIPP/E) and by the PECB as a Certified Data Protection Officer (CDPO).
Odia publishes and speaks frequently on GDPR, CCPA and related issues.
LinkedIn Profile: https://www.linkedin.com/in/odiakagan/
About Peter Hense
Peter Hense is head of data and technology practice group at Spirit Legal and leads a team of 15 colleagues in technology, data and media law.
He focuses on international IT law, data protection law and privacy litigation. He works, publishes and speaks often on the legal aspects of ecommerce, sensor data, predictive consumer analytics, advertising technology, machine learning and automated decision-making systems (accountable AI).
Peter advises well-known national and international companies in their implementation of digital business models in the areas of IT, data protection and competition law, especially in the commerce, travel, flight and hotel industries.
Peter is a member of the International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP), the German Association for Data Protection and Data Security (GDD), the Travel Industry Club e. V. and the Hospitality Sales and Marketing Association Deutschland e. V. (HSMA).
LinkedIn Profile: https://www.linkedin.com/in/peter-hense-19861318/
- Der „California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018“ https://www.spiritlegal.com/de/aktuelles/details/der-california-consumer-privacy-act-of-2018.htm
- Hi Alexa, can I trust you? https://www.spiritlegal.com/de/aktuelles/details/datenschutz-hi-alexa-can-i-trust-you.html
For other publications see LinkedIn profile.